Sunday 15 June 2008

Final Fantasy I – Travelling to Prakova

Significant events since my last post:

Crossed the bridge, and was treated to the opening credits. Turns out the game so far was a prologue for the story proper.

Met Matoya the witch who's lost a crystal eye. Side-quest!

My team reached level 10.

Reached Prakova, and invested in shields, armour and other defensive items for my team, who have taken to dying a lot now that Gigas Worms have turned up.

After some training, bought new weapons and magic as well. When I've played RPGs in the past, I've obsessively bought as much equipment and magic as I can, not moving on until I've got the lot. So far, though, I've not seen myself using magic much in FFI, so I've got a few useful spells (particularly Blizzard and Blindna) this time, but I'm not going overboard.

Saved in Prakova, ready for the next challenge.

Comments so far? I like the difficulty curve. The monsters surrounding Parkova are an awful lot harder than the ones near Cornelia. Levelling up is far more entertaining here, too, with a more varied range of monsters.

One negative factor, though, is that a man is blocking the way to the Inn. Seems I need to fight a scripted battle first. That's not too problematic in and of itself, but it is an issue when I want to get some standard training done. Vok's MP isn't looking good, so I can but hope that this upcoming battle (against pirates, apparently) won't require his services. Likewise, Sherko's only got a few more Cures in her. Let's hope Desh and Blank can walk this battle, with their All New Awesome Swords.

No comments: