Friday 13 June 2008

Final Fantasy I – The Beginning

So, Final Fantasy I. This is where it all began, on the NES. I'm playing the GBA version – Dawn of Souls. Apparently, it's significantly easier than the original. This is no bad thing for me. Wonder what seasoned FF fans make of it.

I'm starting with a team of Warrior, Thief, White Mage and Black Mage, as they're the default. They are named Desh, Blank, Sherko and Zok, which are automated names from the game.

Let's begin! Alright, seems that the world's rubbish, but there's a prophecy that four crystal-holding awesome folk will turn up. Oh, and they have – they're my four characters. Lovely.

Two seconds in, and I've already got a quest – rescue Sarah, the king's daughter. He's offered me a bridge if I manage it, the generous fellow.

Having bought spells and weapons, it's time for my first bout of levelling up ...

No comments: