Sunday 15 June 2008

Final Fantasy I – Shipping (with ships)

The pirates were easy to defeat as it transpires. Nine of them, but all very weak indeed. No trouble for my party, even without the use of an Inn. And I got a ship for my good work!

Back in the Inn, it seems the fellow who was blocking it eventually moves away. Not sure if this was the case before fighting the pirates. I suspect it probably was.

Anyway, ship in hand, I headed for the starting town, Cornelia, mostly to take advantage of the low, low prices. Also, I've noticed I have a Beastiary, keeping track of all the monsters I've defeated. Embracing my OCD, I've headed back to the Chaos Shrine. I didn't spend much time there before, so I suspect I'm missing some monsters. Paid off, too, since my team reached level 11.

Afterwards, I explored the seas, training as I went. After reaching level 13, I explored one of the new ports, finding lots of new magic. It's getting expensive now, and even the few magic spells I chose (mostly healing ones and bigger attack spells) has cleared my funds. A shame, since I was hoping for new weapons. Back to the sea to earn cash, I suppose.

No comments: